The more time that goes by...

Posted on | Wednesday, January 11, 2012 | 2 Comments

The simpler I want things to look.
We're in the middle of a home remodel. When finished, we should have a brand new kitchen with a new walk-in pantry, new master bedroom (taking our home from a 2 bedroom to a 3 bedroom) and new bathroom (our home has only 1 right now). It's very exciting! When we purchased our home in 2008, I hated, absolutely hated our kitchen and bathroom. We have a 1930s home with lots of charm - moldings, built-ins, etc. Not a cookie cutter at all. I love this about the house, but the outdated kitchen/bath are the only downsides. We decided when we purchased the home that we would remodel these the first chance we got. We live in the historic Fairmount Hills neighborhood in Salem, OR, which is so great, but I think our home is the last one to get remodeled!

We scrimped and saved for over 3 years and now we're in the middle of it. Matt completely gutted the kitchen and has put in new floor boards and dry wall. We're getting there!

Here are some pinterest finds that I found very inspiring. I think less is definitely more. As I get older, I find that I want less fussy designs. As clean and simple as possible while still feeling cozy and like a home.


kitchen1

Love the glass front doors here. pinterest


kitchen2


Love the white tile back splash and dark counter tops.


kitchen3


Really like this concept for the pantry door.


bathroom1


Love this simple bathroom with wall mounted sink, white tiles, clean lined toilet.


demowork1


The hubby demolishing our kitchen.

I think if I could make our entire house white, black and shades of grey, I'd be super happy. :) Maybe not with our current house, but someday, when we're out in the country on a farm. For now, making our current home more "us" is a good goal. I'll post more photos later!

Comments

2 Responses to “The more time that goes by...”

  1. lisacng
    January 12, 2012 at 7:59 AM

    Love plenty of cabinets (dream!) and subway tile. Clean & simple is definitely the way to go!!! Enjoy it!

  2. Myra - twigs and honey
    January 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM

    Thank you so much, Lisa!!!!

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog