Best lip balm! La Mer's The Lip Balm

Posted on | Monday, March 28, 2011 | 4 Comments

I get dry lips all the time. I try not to use too much chapstick or balm because I feel like you get dependent on it. Nevertheless, I've tried about 20 different brands/types of lip products and none ever work quite like I hope. It always feels like the product just sits on the surface and somewhat moisturizes, but not really and I'll still have bits of dry skin on my lips and roughness - not attractive!

I was nearly resolved to the fact that nothing could be done, but then I finally decided to give one more a try. I really like La Mer products but they are spendy. I have been using Creme de La Mer off and on for years. Whenever finances are tight, I cut it out and go for the cheaper moisturizers. After our big project, I decided to finally "treat" myself to some La Mer products - specifically their Lip Balm (And the Radiant Infusion and a little pot of Creme de La Mer). I'd wondered about it for years, but could never justify the cost ($45 for lip balm!!!). I read really good reviews about it and thought - "heck! I'm going to get it!"

I went with the "free" super slow shipping and patiently waited for a week and it arrived about an hour ago and I totally love it. After warming with my fingers and patting on my lips, I could feel all the dry skin melt away... That never happens! It also has a pleasant smell and tastes like sugar. I would have been completely sold on just the dryness being fixed, but it actually filled in fine lines and made my lips plumper. Bonus! Roughness and fine lines - gone. :)

I'm so excited to have finally found "the" product of all products for my lips - the cost is still a bummer but the results make it well worth it. Sorry for this long post on a simple product! I just thought that maybe someone else out there might stumble on this and find it beneficial. ;)




Available at La Mer's website HERE.

Comments

4 Responses to “Best lip balm! La Mer's The Lip Balm”

  1. Unknown
    March 28, 2011 at 8:54 PM

    I'm a totally lip balm junkie! I have the same problems with it! GOING TO HAVE TO TRY THIS ONE FOR SURE! Have you tried Yes to Carrots Pomegranate Lip Butter? It's def one of my faves. The Neutrogena Naturals lip balm is awesome as well. :D

  2. Dana
    April 5, 2011 at 12:12 PM

    I'm so glad you treated yourself lovely lady!!! I'll have to try it out once it fits into my budget! ;) xo

  3. g-mo
    April 22, 2011 at 1:16 PM

    i'm taking your recommendation and pulled the trigger on the lip balm purchase :)

  4. Anonymous
    May 11, 2020 at 2:49 AM

    I’m really impressed with your article, such great & usefull knowledge you mentioned here. Thank you for sharing such a good and useful information haute her home Lip Products tips

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog