Rise and shine necklace :: Pink confectionary treat for your neck

Posted on | Thursday, April 30, 2009 | 10 Comments

I talked with my big sis on the phone this morning and she asked if I could make her a necklace similar to the one I made for the English Dept. Fashion show a couple months ago:


587


She also really liked this Anthropologie necklace:



But... she wanted it in blush pinks and super soft fabrics for her sensitive skin. Voilà! Here are the results:


Twigs & Honey necklace


Twigs & Honey necklace


Twigs & Honey necklace


Twigs & Honey necklace


Twigs & Honey necklace


Countless, supple layers of blush pink silks, tulle, chiffon on hand dyed self tie ribbon. I rarely get to make anything for myself anymore... but I really hate to part with this one. Alas, my sister will get this one soon!
I'm thinking of listing this piece in my Etsy shop as a "made to order" number. Would this interest anyone?
Update: Made to Order listing is up in my Etsy shop HERE. Thank you, everyone, for your sweet comments!!

Comments

10 Responses to “Rise and shine necklace :: Pink confectionary treat for your neck”

  1. katealtmix
    April 30, 2009 at 12:21 PM

    absolutely stunning! i would LOVE to see a whole series of these- you are incredibly talented!

  2. marta
    April 30, 2009 at 12:53 PM

    i adore these. wow. such beauty and whimsy. keep them up, i'd love to see them in your shop. if you'd ever like to be featured in a Blog Giveaway, i have some dates open, please let me know.

    marta@martacards.com

  3. kiddo mag
    April 30, 2009 at 12:54 PM

    I would buy one! When I saw the Anthopologie necklace I immediately thought of your designs! So girly and pretty!

  4. Unknown
    April 30, 2009 at 1:18 PM

    I LOVE IT! i can't wait to wear it. thank you soooo much! love you sis.

  5. Emie
    April 30, 2009 at 1:34 PM

    ABSOLUTELY! :)
    I adore it and would love one for myself!

  6. Angel @ loveandsplendor.com/blog
    April 30, 2009 at 1:41 PM

    agreed! would buy one in a heartbeat :-)

  7. Kate
    May 1, 2009 at 2:01 AM

    this is gorgeous! your sister is very lucky :)

  8. Emily B
    May 1, 2009 at 12:06 PM

    beyond fabulous!

  9. glam.spoon
    May 1, 2009 at 12:36 PM

    gorge! love it.

  10. Kelly
    May 8, 2009 at 12:22 PM

    this is gorgeous. i hope you'll sell them in your store soon!

    (just found your blog - thanks for the new inspiration!)

    xo
    Kelly

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog

Archives