Fixing the homestead :: Color blindness continues

Posted on | Tuesday, June 3, 2008 | 4 Comments

Remember when I mentioned we would be painting the studio "Aqua Frost"? Well, it came out Frosty for sure! Not so much aqua. I guess that is always how it goes with painting a new color. I swear I stared under the special lights for 30 minutes looking at color swatches and finally narrowing it down, but it still didn't come out quite how we expected. Darn! Color attempt #2: Vintage Map. This color will be a bit more green than the aqua frost, so I'm hoping to achieve the more mint color I was looking for. Besides the paint fumes, I suppose it's not all too bad. Actually, I think it is about 97% better than the previous color. I love natural light and this new wall color is really making my latest custom orders more vivid in photos - much more like real life. The previous darker green wall color really muted the pieces. The color comes across quite lovely in photos... but trust me when I say it is a pretty sharp/piercing light blue and not the quirky but still relaxing color I was looking for. Although, I did want the color to keep me chipper and awake... this sure does the trick!



You can see the wall color behind me in this photo. Looks awesome in the photo, yes? I just wish it looked this great in real life. You'll be seeing the new color soon!

Comments

4 Responses to “Fixing the homestead :: Color blindness continues”

  1. Anonymous
    June 3, 2008 at 12:34 PM

    :) you just really never know what it will do till you stick it on your wall! the new pictures look lovely though! very dramatic with the darker walls! :) I hope you find the shade you want! it will be beautiful when you are done!

  2. Myra - twigs and honey
    June 5, 2008 at 3:32 AM

    I totally agree with you! It is WAY different when you paint a whole wall.

    Thank you for thinking the walls look lovely... it is still a work in progress. ;)

    Hopefully, we'll be finished soon!

  3. Rachel
    June 8, 2008 at 9:41 PM

    It's so hard to tell what a color will look like! You can stare at those stupid little chips for hours, but it always looks different up on your walls. Depending on how much light you get, it can look so different from the store.
    The new color sounds like it will be good - more green will = more of an aqua color.
    Good luck!

  4. Myra - twigs and honey
    June 8, 2008 at 11:52 PM

    Hi Riley!

    I totally agree!

    After one more attempt, I think we got it right this time. Yahoo! Third time is definitely a charm this time! We finally achieved the mint/blue mix... not too green, not too blue... just in the middle. I've been a bit loopy from the fumes, so this is a relief. The light at the end of the tunnel. ;)
    Just another coat and the finishing touches in the living room and we'll be done with the painting for a while!

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog

Archives